Extension Agent, Agriculture and Natural Resources
Jason Fisher serves the Central District Region of Virginia Cooperative Extension, bringing leadership in promoting sustainable forest and natural resources management research and techniques to landowners, loggers, professional foresters, and educators to name a few. Major projects include awareness and implementation of logging safety practices, hardwood forest management, conservation options for land, Real Forestry for Realtors program, farm and forestland transfer options, invasive plant and animal species management, and value-added production of natural hardwood charcoal and non-timber forest products.
- 2001, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, MSEd – Career and Technical Education (Emphasis in Agriculture Education)
- 1994, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Bachelor of Science, Forestry and Wildlife, Minor: Biology
- 1991, Danville Community College, Associate of Science Degree
- Frey, G. The Basics of Shiitake Mushroom Production on Natural Logs. 2013
- Frey, G. One-year Health, Mortality, and Growth in Southeast Virginia of Shortleaf Pine from Three Sources. 2012
- Gagnon, J., Barrett, S., Parkhurst, J. Virginia's Guide to Threatened and Endangered Species. 2009
- Parkhurst, J. Managing Wildlife Damage - Snakes. 2009
- Fisher K. J., D. Goerlich, B. Wagner, J. Lemire, S. Barrett. 2008. Skidder Safety and Efficiency DVD and Discussion Leader Guide – VCE Publication #420-122. 10 p.
- Fisher, K. 2007. Chronic Wasting Disease in Virginia's Deer. Forest Landowner, Volume 66, No. 6, November/December: 15-18.
- Goerlich, D.L., J.L. Kirwan, H.C. Estes, J. Hunnings, E. Oliver, J. Willis, G.A. Minnich, J. Napier, L. Bruce, K. Cronin, and K.J. Fisher. 2004. 4-H Virtual Forest. http://www.ext.vt.edu/resources/4h/virtualforest/
- Goerlich, D.L. and K.J. Fisher. 2002. Education through competition. Virginia Forests. 58(1):10-12.